Saturday, November 28, 2009

On Christmas Break Approaching

It's nearly December. I can hardly believe it. It feels as if the school year has just started. I'm not complaining though; I am quite content with the idea of having some time off. I'm not overly thrilled about the waiting game I will have to play once back in Canada, but it will be nice to be home. I'm not sure how long the Visa application will take to go through, but I hope it's not TOO long. I don't know how much leeway the school is willing to give me, in terms of being late for the start of term. There isn't too much I can do about it though. I got the earliest appointment that I could, and I am doing my best to ensure I've got all the paperwork filled correctly. At the end of the day though, I am human, and I'm unaquainted with this bureaurocratic nonsense.

But anyways.

I am quite excited at the thought of being home in a few weeks time. I can't wait to show Michael my home, my Canada. It will be really great to be back home, feeling comfy and cozy. I love Christmas as well. It's my favourite time of the year, and not just because of the presents. I enjoy the time spent with family. I just really love the feeling that you get on Christmas Day; waking up early, making coffee for my dad, the unwrapping, the eating of Fluffy omelette, the eating of smoked salmon, cheese, crackers, chips and dip...and then that long awaited, mouth watering TURKEY. The house is always so warm, with the oven heating things up, and the fire (even if it is electric) glowing bright. Even the tree emits a warm twinkle. I love sitting around the living room, talking and laughing with family, sipping on a drink and just relaxing and enjoying the time spent with family. It's a great day, and will be even greater with Michael there - to include him in the family tradition!

Anyways, talking about these things makes me want it to come faster, so I should stop, for fear of making myself too anxious! I'd hate to wish my life away!

Cheers.

No comments: