Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On Thinking About What It Means to be Canadian

In the summer I read a pretty great book by a Canadian author, called 'The Cameraman'. Inside it, there was a quote, as a preface to one of the chapters (or sort of, at any rate) that I found very interesting... it read:

"Canadians sit quietly on their stumps and watch the country to the south - the flight of the great bald ego. They are judging, and jealous. But they get the gift of perspective"

Initially this really made me think...it made me think, and I realized that it was absolutely right! Have a read of it, and consider how absolutely profound and true it is!

That's my tidbit for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

janey/Krista: I want to wish you a wonderful and Merry Christmas. Have a safe trip home. I love your family - especially your Mom. I will wait for your next entry, with bated and held breath! Also, thanks for the "conchords". they're a riot. Love to all you! LeeAnne