Thursday, May 6, 2010

On Election Night

I do realise that it has been absolute ages since I have last blogged. I should probably apologize, although I am not entirely sure who reads this to even be bothered by my absence. Not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote, but even the significant stuff can be left out for now. I figure the best thing to do will be to carry on as usual, and hope that you catch yourself up, on your own accord.

I know I was starting a novel,and I do intend to finish that at some point in my life, but that time is not now.

I titled this blog 'On Election Night' because I'm currently watching Channel 4s Alternative Election night. You see, it is literally election night here in England. It's meant to be a big one, but to be fair I haven't really found that I've been bombarded with election bullshit all that much, compared to what I am used to back home. They do elections a lot differently here. It's not nearly as in your face here, which I suppose has it's own perks. The Canadian system, while on paper is meant to resemble the British system, takes a lot from the American hoop-lah down south.

I really only notice these things the longer I am away from Canada. We really do like to posit ourselves as anti-American, but increasingly I've noticed we have an awful lot in common.

Not manners though. We have those. They don't.

At any rate, I will try to update more. Turn a new leaf. :)

Until tomorrow. x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janey, I care and I did miss you. I checked in periodically and FINALLY! :o) LeeAnne